I am starting to think I should tell y'all my goals for the week more often. I didn't want to go through the embarrassment of not accomplishing my goals, so I actually got started on my tray project yesterday. If you missed Monday's post, click here :)
I followed a tutorial that I found through pinterest, which you can find here!
A few facts:
1) I get VERY SCARED to do ANYTHING DIY...Don't ask why. Maybe it's because I haven't attempted a whole lot of things without a partner in crime? Or maybe it's because I feel like my stuff always looks homemade and dorky? I am not sure.....but I have this going against me :(
2) I am deathly afraid of Mod Podge. In fact, I didn't even know what Mod Podge was until a few months back from always reading Tonya's blog....oops :)
3) I used an old tray that Josh bought prior to us dating. Honestly, I was kinda tired of looking at this dark, "bachelor-pad" tray. Plus, I was happy that I had a one already and didn't have to go buy one. Also, if I messed it up, I knew it wasn't going to be a biggie, because this tray was old and I never really liked it much anyway!
4) I used Mod Podge Gloss.
5) I bought my fabric at Jo-Ann Fabrics for $3.99.
6) I watched 4 tutorials before getting the nerve to try it myself!
I'll spare you my own tutorial, because the link I shared with you, from Maggie's blog pretty much explains it all :)
Here are my before photos:
|Getting antsy waiting for the tray to dry!!!|
Here are my afters:
|This wasn't really an after shot...this was more of a "waiting for my project to dry" shot!|
What do you think? Not so bad, huh?! My pattern was a tad bit crooked because I was rushing so the glue wouldn't dry as I put my fabric on the tray. You can't really tell because I have a few things on my tray that disguise it quite well. Any questions? I'll be glad to help you! Hopefully I will get better at working with Mod Podge in the future.
Last, but most certainly not least, I want to invite you to a Foodie Friday link-up party THIS Friday over at Magan's blog, A Touch of Class :) Magan is one of my dear friends from high school, and she is a lover of her husband, her pup, fashion, travel, and food! With that said, join me this Friday as she hosts a link-up party for your favorite recipes! I'm deciding what to share :)